Monday, January 08, 2007

Music Monday - hibernate two.

front cover

I present to you this year's Winter Mix 2006/7 cd.
I make a stack for my nearest and dearest each year and love every minute of the process.

Here is how it works...
Spend hours and hours sifting through your iTunes to get the right combination of songs together. Then spend several more hours moving the songs around so that all of the segues are as close to perfect as possible. When final decisions have been made, move on to creating the cd sleeve.

Take a photograph that will work with your theme. In my case a shot I got of an old tree in the yard with the moon shining through. Tweak it in Photoshop until you get the feel you really want (i.e. dark, mysterious, a little blurry). Crop to a 6" x 10.5" size and keep in mind that you will lose your edges when you cut and paste the final sleeve. Create text boxes and type in the title and track info and spend way too much time fiddling with font choices and sizes. Email final work to local print shop. Make thirty copies on heavy card stock. Bring home. Crop down using these guidelines.

Invite friends over to drink wine and help you assemble with some strong paper-to-paper glue. Tie with vintage twine and label with care.
Distribute to nearest and dearest with glee.
Listen over and over and over...

back cover/track listing

Questions? Please ask away.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

perfect...
I just came into the world of ipod glamour over christmas... and the mixing and matching has begun.
I love mixed music from others- it is like sneaking into their mind some how or another
great cover btw

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh - I'm going to have to come back and read your list when I'm not exhausted. All my friends know I obsess over making cds. That's like the ultimate gift I can give someone is their own personal cd - the kind that tells "our story." But I only give it to the friends I know "get it." I love those kind of people!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger angela said...

wow, what a playlist!!!
the people who got this one are lucky ducks :)

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! I love compilation CDs, and tadaaaaa!!!! I just got my 80 GB IPod! I cannot tell you how excited I am. I have sooo much music, and have been losing sleep in order to upload everything I have and creating play lists...

girlie grooves
coastal driving
Moody girl
Tunes to create by
Cry love...

the possibilities are endless. I love your idea and it is now my latest obsession. Watch out world!

Happy music making to you dear one,
e

9:23 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

I'm so honored to have one of these... I am absolutely LOVING it. natch.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home