Friday, December 08, 2006

photo booth friday - reflection.

girl and her camera in the booth, musee mecanique, san francisco, september 2006

This has been a heavy week indeed. So heavy, in fact, that the fun and silly photobooth shots that I have in the coffers seemed inappropriate. This one is decidedly better for the day. A little moody and ethereal - I really love the colors in this shot of my reflection off the glass inside the vintage booth. Even that red light that is bouncing back from the camera behind the glass. Not sure why that happens when not using a flash. A mirrored surface in there or refraction or something. Happened to another of the PBF gals a while back, too, but can't remember who (remind me?). And if you know why the red bounce? Tell me that too won't you?

I have decided that that red light will stand as representative of the one I see at the end of my most recent tunnel. I do believe that the big shi-shi holiday shindig in the city tonight with dear friends, a journey to pick out the tree and decorating/rolling around together/eating decadently/watching rudolph 70's style all day with my favorite boy in the world tomorrow and then the Sinterklaas celebration that we attend tomorrow night will do wonders for my spirit.

Because my favorite thing about this time of year? It is reflecting on my life and counting up each one of my precious little stars and thanking the universe for providing them to me.

Each and every one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

that dot is strange and mysterious, maybe a bit magical... and I like what you have decided to make it resemble.
good shot LeS

1:04 PM  
Blogger angela said...

it is the best time of year for blessing counting. have fun at the holiday shindig :)
the red dot is a bit mysterious, i'll be checking back to see if someone figures it out!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i empathize your heavy heart LeS, i feel like sometimes, my own, waxes and wanes. your weekend plans are bound to lift your spirits ~ i'm hoping this too shall pass, very soon for you.

xo

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home