I am considering myself tagged by my hula girl for the '6 weird things you don't know about me' meme. Because she is spinning right now (and could use some love) and I am a bit slower on the rebound from last week's disappointment than I would have hoped (and could use some love, too). So here goes...
1) I was hit by a car when I was five while walking from kindergarten to my daycare by myself. I was knocked unconscious and received a hairline fracture to the back of my skull. I got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital and missed a week of school. My teacher brought a handmade book to my house with a page in it created by each child in the class. That book is long gone (which makes me sad). And when I tell people this story and they joke and say "Oh so thaaaat's what's wrong with you" I never laugh (even though I probably should).
2) At 19 I dropped out of college to pursue a career working in the music business. I begged my parents to let me keep my car and to give me six months to get a job 'in the industry' otherwise I would have to move home. At the five month mark I was hired as the Receptionist-slash-Video Production Coordinator at A&M Records. And got to keep my car. And found a way to pay rent. And never looked back.
3) I had my baby at home in a big tub of warm water (in Australia). Maybe I already said this on the blog at some point but it is definitely worth repeating. And don't listen to everything you hear about bad birth stories. Mine was beautiful (and yours might be, too).
4) I am amazed when I meet (or read of) a woman who has never had a pedicure before. And it embarrasses me that I am amazed because - duh - there are plenty of people in the world that have never tried things that I consider a vital luxurious thing. I am spoiled with the pedicures and many other little joys in life (but certainly not with everything).
5) I am addicted to the show The First 48. I watch it and forget everything that is going on around me. I do believe I sit forward on the couch while watching and shake my head to 'come back' to the room when it is over. I am amazed at what one human can do to another. And ashamed that I am so fascinated by it and although I say that I should stop watching it - I know I won't.
6) I have become a 'crazy cat lady'. Much to my chagrin. I only have the one. Nicknamed FatBoy (but otherwise known as Rocket) and I love him like crazy. I have tried very hard to be just a nonchalant cat owner/caretaker but if you met him, you'd be the crazy cat lady, too. Or is it really just me...?
Now consider yourself tagged.