Friday, February 08, 2008

all along.

The acrid smell of burnt plastic marked the death of my scanner one year ago. I mourned it’s loss and then promptly stuck my head in the sand. Let it sit forgotten and collecting dust.

Then two weeks ago on my daily bounce around the net I saw this post on Summer’s blog. She mentioned her new scanner that “has a nifty and exciting feature where you can scan slides and negatives.” Wha…huh?! This was possible? I immediately pulled my head out of the sand and ordered one.

Oh my. I have been on a personal excavation ever since. The big box marked ‘PHOTOS’ came off the shelf and I have been flooded. With memories, with different versions of myself, my places and my people.

new mexico 001

I shot these images eighteen years ago. Film. T-Max 400 black & white . Iso pushed the all the way to 3200 for noise. I was twenty two and headed north through New Mexico. Adobes, some abandoned and left to return to the earth. I thought these images long gone but found the negatives in the box. I also found some of myself along with them.

new mexico 004

A photographer all along.


The set is here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nessie Noodle said...

yes most certainly a photographer all along.

5:47 PM  
Blogger EllyJane said...

beautiful.
what fun to reminisce and rediscover!

5:45 AM  
Blogger jenica said...

these are beautiful. what talent, oy.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home