Last Friday I had a terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-life-altering-oh-whatever-does-my-future-hold-NOW
kind of day.
I cried myself to sleep and when I awoke I decided to serve up a salve for my spirit with a whole NEW kind of day. It went just like this:
1. Head straight to the San Francisco Sephora for much needed new concealer and new berry stain colored lipstick.
2. Then to H&M for two new dresses and a pair of earrings (on sale no less).
3. On to the salon for a scalp treatment and whole new do by the illustrious Gillian (see above).
4. Stop on your way back to the car for an espresso and decide on the perfect cupcake for later.
5. Go order some take-out from Eric's and while waiting...
6. Stop in the shop next door and buy a new tiara to replace your lost one (cleaning my house hasn't been the same without it).
7. And on your way out of town why not get a quick mani and pedi.
8. Once home, make a gin martini and serve up that lovely Chinese food.
9. Then have one of your best girls come cozy up on the couch with you to share that cupcake and some healing supportive words about how absolutely every little thing is going to be just fine.
* Inspired by my favorite hula girl and her week of lists.
And I do think the day described above counts as a sort of a celebration, no?