Monday, January 14, 2008

the what to do when you have had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day list*.

Last Friday I had a terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-life-altering-oh-whatever-does-my-future-hold-NOW
kind of day.
I cried myself to sleep and when I awoke I decided to serve up a salve for my spirit with a whole NEW kind of day. It went just like this:

1. Head straight to the San Francisco Sephora for much needed new concealer and new berry stain colored lipstick.

2. Then to H&M for two new dresses and a pair of earrings (on sale no less).

3. On to the salon for a scalp treatment and whole new do by the illustrious Gillian (see above).

4. Stop on your way back to the car for an espresso and decide on the perfect cupcake for later.

5. Go order some take-out from Eric's and while waiting...

6. Stop in the shop next door and buy a new tiara to replace your lost one (cleaning my house hasn't been the same without it).

7. And on your way out of town why not get a quick mani and pedi.

8. Once home, make a gin martini and serve up that lovely Chinese food.

9. Then have one of your best girls come cozy up on the couch with you to share that cupcake and some healing supportive words about how absolutely every little thing is going to be just fine.

___________

* Inspired by my favorite hula girl and her week of lists.

___________

And I do think the day described above counts as a sort of a celebration, no?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did ya have the crispy, chewy beef?

Stunning photo!!!

5:21 PM  
Blogger amy said...

You do look gorgeous! I hope things are feeling much more fine.

11:31 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Your list is perfect, I wish I could have joined you. And your hair...you look stunning. I thought this photo was a vintage one. You are lovely. xo

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're gorgeous!

your list sounds like a wonderful way to get over a horrible, terrible no good day.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely list, my dear. So sorry about the bad day, but your cheer-up day sounds like my idea of perfection. I'll have to file this one away for when I need it myself.

11:50 AM  
Blogger angela said...

what a day, wish i could have tagged along too :) the hair is amazing!
xo

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bckwmfheautiful picture and a beautiful solution to a very bad day

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything that involves cupcakes or gin makes me happy, too. Your hair is killer.

4:46 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

great photo and great hair!
and i'm sorry that you had a rotten day but i'm glad that you made it
up with an awesome one...

:)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

sounds wonderful, photo is just great!!! :)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your foto's and its nice wondering around on your site.
Greetings Lili

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home