Tuesday, March 04, 2008

blossoms and magic.

On a recent 'down day' I packed my camera bag and went on a follow-your-nose journey around the edge of Richardson Bay (very near where I live) just north of San Francisco. The only rule was to turn the wheel when I felt it, stop when I knew it, shoot what called to me. I needed this.

I had already stopped four or five times when I rounded a corner in State Park territory and happened upon the largest and most magnificent cherry blossom tree I have ever seen.

I quickly whipped to the side of the road. I began to shoot and got closer and closer as if pulled until I was standing right inside of it. Warm sun, cold breezes, magical cloud of branches and pristine flowers all around me - all the way to my toes.

This was one of those experiences that makes you breathe deep, calms you, connects you to the grander and oh-so-exquisite world. To Spirit.

When I returned home and first viewed these images I had this upside down but distinct feeling wash over me that maybe it had all been a dream. That if I drove back to that exact spot the tree would no longer be there.

blossom 05

blossom 03

blossom 02

blossom 04

And then,
the realization that it existed exactly where I needed it.
Right here within me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Oh those last lines!! Beautiful tree, beautiful photos, beautiful post!! THANK YOU! xoxo

12:28 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

these are beautiful, a breathe of freshness. spring makes my heart sing.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Oh, I cannot wait until the cherry blossoms are blooming here. Wonderful pictures!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Yolanda said...

These photos are exquiste.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing and beautiful. Fresh and lovely. These pictures made me smile.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home