Monday, November 06, 2006

Music Monday MeMe

Oh! Yeah! Hula put up a meme today and it's a music one!
Thanks honey as I almost didn't get a post up today :)

check this out...

The "If your life were a soundtrack, what would the music be?" Meme

here's how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. new question-- press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

_________________________

opening credits:
"On/Off" by Snow Patrol

waking up:
"De Ushuaia A La Quiaca" by Gustavo Santaolalla

first day at school:
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2

falling in love:
"Grace" by Jeff Buckley

breaking up:
"Shake The Disease" by Depeche Mode

prom:
"The Other Side of Summer" by Elvis Costello

life's okay:
"This Love Affair" by Rufus Wainwright

mental breakdown:
"Love This Life" by Crowded House (look up the lyrics to see HOW appropriate this one is)

driving:
"Where Would I Be?" by Cake

flashback:
"Don't Bring Me Down" by Sia

getting back together:
"Black Coffee" by Ella Fitzgerald

wedding:
"Common As The Rain" by David Wilcox

birth of child:
"They Call Me Big Mama" by Big Mama Thornton (um, exCUSE me?)

final battle:
"Northern Sky" by Nick Drake

death scene:
"MLK" by U2 (ok, now that is WEIRD)

funeral song:
"Christina" by Patty Griffin (again WEIRD - this song is about Christina Onassis)

end credits:
"Welcome To Paradise" by Green Day
_____________________________

Ok, that was so unbelievably fun (and odd) - now you do it!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great one. For Christmas I wish that Santa would bring me a copy of your I-Pod because you've got tunes I'd love to hear!

4:15 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

omg, isn't it so much fun to do? I swear, I could sit here all day, making soundtrack after soundtrack. and I was hoping you'd bite! I love grace for falling in love and the birth of a child one is just so good. and weird!

thanks for playing along, girlie.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home