Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesdays are for Knittin'!


I owe this blog to many different things but first and foremost to knitting. You see, I had never read a blog and barely knew (or cared) what one was until my addiction to the knit took hold.

It all started innocently enough. I needed something to wile away the hours, I mean HOURS, spent at various swimming pools in the far flung corners of our county while PickleBoy perfected his backstroke. I took six knitting lessons in January 2004 and I have never looked back, or taken more lessons, or followed an exact pattern since. Oh the hours spent on all the lovely knit blogs out there in the time since!

This is a hat of my own 'design'. It is one loverly ball of self-striping handspun yarn from pluckyfluff named 'tiger moth' that I was lucky enough to get before her fame and book hit big. It was also before the prices reached such lofty heights.

Recipe for Woofy Hat:

Cast on appropriate amount of stitches on appropriate size needle
(this is 76 stitches on US11 circular needle) in soft complimentary color and join being careful not to twist stitches.
Do ribbing of your choice (I used k2, p2) for 1 1/2 inches
Switch to handspun yarn and knit until you run out OR you've got the height you want.
BO all stitches.
Seam across the top and put 'er on.
The ears are instant!

And a closeup of the top seam and yummy color:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hat is the cutest one I have seen! Awe such talent so little time! Love, Tishy

10:26 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Cute hat! and all those blogs, except for My Fashionable, I hadn't heard of- now I have so much more reading to do!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home