Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the little trip.

I will begin by saying that although this post might seem photo heavy this is the whole shebang. Turns out my camera rested even more than I did on this little three day vacation. Just what I needed :)
And away we go...

Waiting for the rental car...right under their bellies
flight path

A quick stop at Trader Joe's and off to Coronado Island to find this awaiting us...the view from the sixth floor...glass walls that slid all the way open - most with no railings - to the sea
the view

when you stood on the little balcony and faced far right, you saw the hotel del coronado...the owners get bonus points for placing a mirror on that column!
me & the del

the luscious living room
living room

no shot of the four post bed placed so you awoke with a view of the sea between your toes but here is some of the Japanese soaking tub with the sink carved from a boulder
Japanese soaking tub

there were boardwalk bikes to rent
rent me.

toasted pb&j and champagne lunches to eat (seriously. try this.)
toasted pbj & champagne

a quick visit to Balboa Park
lily pond

many bench Monday shots to take, but the best parts have no photo...accidentally stumbling into a Richard Avedon exhibit at SDMA...hot stone massages...baskets of warm handmade tortillas...the very BEST moment, though, was when I happened to look up and witness a stunning display of multiple pods of dolphins right in front of me. All sizes and ages of them frolicking, leaping in the air, chasing each other (I am certain they were feeding). The binoculars allowed me to see their faces. And I would have flown down there just for that.

12 Comments:

Blogger surfy birdy said...

looks like a fun trip. love the photos. :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

sounds devine.
I think SD is one of my favorite spots to visit. I usually get down there for a work conference at least once a year- but should really go for 'fun' sometimes soon.

xo

8:40 AM  
Blogger Hadley Makes said...

Ummm... Dude. Take me with you next time? I'll be your porter, carry your bags and all that, order room service. Make myself useful. <3

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Vivienne said...

wow! looks like a dreamy vacation!
the bike shot has me especially giddy! i wanna go on vacay too!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Oh the dolphin's dance sounds so magical! The bicycle shot is wonderful.

9:16 AM  
Blogger LeS said...

thanks all!

(and trust me HGC, I was treated to this vacay - I'M usually the one carrying the bags!)

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo that looks absolutely wonderful

i could use a vaca like that

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shots!! Looks like fuel for the soul...Wonderful.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous truskeptic said...

How lovely that you could get away for a few days and find moments to enjoy. The lily photograph is great. Thanks for sharing :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger madelyn said...

fabulous burst of imagery
straight from a seeing and free
soul:)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

glad you enjoyed my town :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

and you did it proud with the pics!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home