Monday, September 17, 2007

Music Monday - GO CHICKS.

***WARNING***
I get political in this post.
My opinions. MY blog.
I will NEVER require you to agree with me but if you do not believe in freedom of speech - particularly on an individual's personal yet public blog - than you might as well click away right now.


I have never wanted to get preachy or political on my blog yet something happened last week that changed that up...PickleBoy and I sat down together and watched this movie.

It does not matter if you like their music (I do).
It does not matter whether you like the choices that have been made by the current administration of this country (I do NOT).
What I do think matters is that a human being - American or not - should have the freedom to speak their own personal opinions no matter the forum without the fear of such extreme retribution (death threat anyone?).

I said it at the top of this post - it is worth saying again - we need not agree on one thing other than an individuals right to speak their own truth. Out loud. You do not like what someone has to say? Do not buy their cd, their book, their whatever. Heck, go say it out loud on your blog. But try and stop someone from exercising that right?

I think not.

...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cry every time I see these previews. I have it on my netflix queue hoping it will get to me soon. I also have to say that when they came out with their new song, and even still I cry. The potency of our Voice, and the freedom to be able to use it, is so powerful, especially as women. To be told "Shut up and sing" speaks volumes to a legacy of suppression in this country that we are still not evolved past. We are still not free. And our country is betraying the Constitution that created it. Oi... Its late, and I'm charged, so not making great sense, but I love this post. AND!!!! I will call you around 11:30ish am tomorrow? :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Intrepidflame said...

It is not a crime to be political. This country needs some dialouge and people taking. It is head to a very bad place and if people are afraid or reluctant to talk about it, things will get much worse before they get better. So be political...be proud. Speak your mind!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

will have to see this movie. always liked the chicks. still do. went to see them when they played Knoxville, tn. and there were protesters. what part of freedom of speech do people not get?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jenni-Raie said...

I can say with gratitude that I GWB is not the leader of my country. And that the Dixie Chicks were still played on the radio stations in my country. But the decisions made by GWB affect my country greatly.

I think the Dixie Chicks represent what needs to happen - people need to use their voices. People need to see others using their voices.

I'm ashamed GWB is from the same continent as I am.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home