Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh Yeah! It's Music Monday!

You may have noticed that new little blue box at the top of my sidebar. It shows the tracks that I have most recently listened to while working away. It is a good place to check for little musical hints but today I wanted to highlight some particular favorites...

Most importantly, Andrew Bird.


He lives on a farm in Illinois, writes brilliantly insightful lyrics, plays a mean violin (and this ain't classical music) and is an ardent supporter of the environment. Please do yourself a favor and watch him walk the streets of Paris (in the Montmarte) while singing and playing the song "Spare-Ohs" here. Goosebumps I tell you. And as if that isn't enough, he writes lyrics like...
"I dreamt you were across the room,
And the space between our chairs.
And I was a cartographer
To the tangles in your hair."
Mmm hmm, told you.

Other current stuff worth a spin:
Emily Loizeau
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
Feist
A Fine Frenzy
yummy one and all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, yes, Fiest is on my list too.

now I must find my way over to itunes...

(ps nice to have you back)

nessie

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds pretty hot.

I like the twitter-tunes thing--it's like twitter, right? I'm so behind the twitter curve: I just can't be at my computer all day; I'm afraid I'd get addicted to twittering...but this is automated, isn't it?

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home