Monday, June 19, 2006

yellow and Music Monday #9.

.yellow.

Hula has suggested that the color continue this week.
I am in.


And in keeping with my more verbose hijinks of yore, Music Monday returns...


Artist of the Week
Jose Gonzalez

Album of the Week
Veneer

Song and Lyric of the Week
Heartbeats
“ten days of perfect tunes
the colors red and blue
we had a promise made
we were in love

To call for hands of above
to lean on
wouldn't be good enough
for me,
no.”

Music Story of the Week
Most of you have heard of Jose by now. The buzz is all over the internet and NPR and such. But, if I help even one more person to discover him, my mission for today will be accomplished. This lovely Swedish-born-though-of-Argentinean-descent artist is not what you may suspect from his moniker. He has created a sound that brings me back to my retro hazy-colored seventies childhood - but far better.

Some brilliant person chose the song Heartbeat to be the soundtrack for a Sony television campaign with the theme 'Colour - like no other' earlier this year. Do yourself the favor of clicking here to watch this commercial (shot in my city) and revel in the beauty of Jose but - even more stunning - the color...

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Your picture is gorgeous.

Uh? Hello with the new music!?! You're costin' me money here, woman. What with Teddy Thompson and now Jose? I am, of course, off to iTunes. ::SIGH::

hee ;)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home